Flower Day 2017 – First Sunday after Mother’s Day
This Flower Day’s season, plan to walk the Detroit’s Eastern Market early in the morning, to see millions of glowing, sunburst bright colors in full bloom everywhere.
A Must Read…
EMFBG – How to Spot the Best Flower Deals at the Market?
Eastern Market Flower Day Prices:
Flats of petunias & marigolds; $9-10 dollars.
Impatiens & begonias; $10-12 dollars.
Hanging Baskets $8-40 (somewhere beautiful)!
Flower Day Detroit Eastern Market
- Lavender Blue. It’s a robust, sturdy with light pink blooms.
- Lavender Rose, which has rich, bright dark pink flowers.
- Salmon Night—This Geranium has salmon colored pedals and dark foliage; nearly black. The leaves are variegated, thin, and outlining the dark center.
Look for new varieties of ivy Geraniums; trailing vines that climb out of the pots and hanging baskets.
This evergreen aromatic biennial is the largest geranium in the world. Leaves can grow to 40cm across! Pink pedals.
Geranium Martha Washington
These geraniums produce the largest flowers of all the geranium types.
Is one of the largest flowers of the blue varieties.
- Flower Day – Estimated – 200,000-250,000
- Saturday Visitors – 30-000-50,000
- Heaviest during mornings, 7:00AM – Noon
Over 200,000 thousand quick, jittery, some fast walking, other slow walk , then pause and a look down in hypnotic trance. The Eastern Market is a fast or slow environment.
The Michigan Detroit Eastern Market is lined with old breakfast restaurants, and specialty shops.